Saturday, September 10, 2011

Memories!

It is a happy happy Fly-day... whoopps... I meant to say FRIDAY 
It has been a tiring week in which I would not deny.


This week, I had been assigned to care for 4 out of 7 patients in the ward cubicle. However, 2 of my clients were not that ill and they only needed minimal assistance in their daily activity.


However, caring for this one particular client brings back lots of memories of my paternal late-grandmother who had passed away 7 years ago. She was then diagnosed with cancer (CA) colon related to bowel obstruction. I was only 15years old then - a girl who knew nothing about CA. 


This week, I met this client who is in her 80's who was diagnosed with small bowel obstruction. She was ill and bedridden with complication of DVT. It reminds me of grandma. Back then, the family had kept away the diagnosis as a secret with fear that she will not go for further treatment. Nonetheless, she knew what she was going through as she was having abdominal discomfort very often.


In January 2004, she was admitted to the hospital ward in which I was assign to this week. It brings back memories where my Daddy took me to visit her every afternoon after I finishes school. 


While caring for this particular client, it felt like Grandma was there with me. It gives me a very loving feeling. I sincerely pray that this client will improve from her current condition. Although, it may seem to be nearing the end, but I am sure she has the will to live and that she is able to go through it. May prayers be with her and that she is able to discharge to be with her family soon.

Dear Father Lord, I am sure as I am typing here on this blog, You know who I am referring to Lord. Lord, I pray that your Holy Angels and Holy Spirit will be with her. She is just like my Grandma, a loving, caring, and kind lady who is love by everyone. Lord, You know better than anyone of us what she is suffering from and what she has to go through now. I pray that Lord, Your healing hands will be upon her. Shower her with Your love and care and give us faith in You. Lord, I pray for her family members, that You give them all strength and wisdom on how to handle this rough time while having to juggle to care for their mother and work and also to take care of their own children. I may not be related to them Lord, but I sincerely pray that You will be with them Lord. Give them all the knowledge they are suppose to know in order to understand this client and to help this client. Oh Lord, I pray that you strengthen the will power of living in this client. Not only that Lord, please be with the doctors and nurses that are caring for her Lord. Lord, I know that in each and every second of our life, You are always listening to our prayer and I believe you are listening to this prayer now too. I pray and ask for your forgiveness on all the sins and mistakes that has been done unto You, I thank you for always being so good to us. I thank you, Lord, for listening to this prayer and I pray all this in Jesus Christ, our Saviour's name - AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. May you perform the skills of life guarding and sustaining well as you've been taught, may you be chill and still on the duty with all your knowledge and experience. The point you are standing on is build on top all your past lived life with all sweet and bitter moments, with your strong faithful heart you will walk steadily on your continuous journey, without fear, unshakable, remarkable. May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, thank you for the motivation.I shall remember it as a guidance to what I will continue doing. God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete